Branch 104 Minutes
12 NOV 18
1900 Meeting was called to order with proper ceremony and the opening of the Bible. The following shipmates were present: Barrett, Batnick, Faubion, Felthouse, LaChapelle, McInerney, Pollard, Robbins, Shriver, Wallace, and Wilson. S/M Robbins presiding.
1902 The minutes were called for, passed out, discussed, and approved.
1906 Committee Reports:
Legislative: S/M LaChapelle. PCVAC meets second Tuesday each month at American Legion Post 138 at 1900.
Youth Activities: Veterans Day Celebration at Stadium HS 09 NOV, 1000. S/M Barrett, Ramirez, Johnson, and Faubion attended. S/M Pollard advised that 45 NJROTC Cadets participated in Auburn Veterans Day Parade.
Membership: 113 members in good standing.
Americanism/Patriotism: S/M Barrett reported that 3 essays received to date. Deadline is 01 DEC.
Public Relations: NTR.
Finance and Audit: NTR.
Health and Welfare: Members on the binnacle list: Doskow, Leaf, Peterson, Santos, and Johnson.
Service Officer: NTR
VAVS: S/M Felthouse reported on activities at American Lake Hospital to recognize Navy veterans for the Navy Birthday was held on 10 OCT. S/M Felthouse and Faubion in attendance. Passed out pens and Navy pins to Navy vets. 14 NOV will be similar activity to celebrate USMC Birthday. Still trying to set up a date for presentation of DVD replicator.
(1) FED Benefits Alert - enrollment starts today and runs through 10 DEC for new dental plans for Retirees.
(2) FRA NW Region Newsletter: Branch 104 placed 3rd in Hospital/Welfare at National. Region is looking for volunteers to head the Youth Activities and Americanism/Patriotism Committees for NW Region.
1929 Treasurers Report: NTR
1930 Unfinished Business:
(1) Christmas Breakfast: S/M Jones has reserved Homestead Restaurant for Saturday, 15 DEC. 0800. We will order off a limited menu like last year.
1932 New Business:
(1) Orting Bingo – 29 DEC.
(2) Need a contact card for the Branch designating time and place of meetings for prospective members. S/M Faubion has for action.
1940 Good of the Order:
(1) Discussed replacement of the ceremonial Flag at Stadium HS. Special Flag that is displayed between towers at the high school. Current Flag was ripped when removing after Veterans Day program at the school. 20x30 Flag that has been fitted with weights. More information to follow.
(2) Continuous member pin presented to S/M Jones for 35 years.
(3) S/M LaChapelle has Proceedings Magazines if anyone is interested.
(4) S/M Shriver discussed Puget Sound Honor Flights. Now accepting applications from Vietnam Veterans.
1948 Meeting was closed with proper ceremony and closing of the Bible.
Mt Rainier Branch 104, Secretary