Fleet Reservation Association
Branch 104 Minutes
11 MAR 2019
1901 Meeting was called to order with proper ceremony and the opening of the Bible. The following shipmates were present: Barrett, Eller, Faubion, Felthouse, Fugich, Johnson, Jones, LaChapelle, McInerney, Peters, Robbins, Shriver, Wallace, Wilson and NWRP Bill Hall.
1905 The minutes were called for, read, discussed, and approved.
1906 Committee Reports:
Legislative: VLC Reception in Olympia Friday, 18 January at 1030..
Youth Activities: NTR
Membership: 113 members in good standing.
Americanism/Patriotism: S/M Barrett reported that 79 essays received. Judging was completed on 11 January by S/M Barrett, Batnick, Jones, Johnson, Faubion, and Ramirez. Also received 6 essays from 6th grade. Award ceremony will be held 08 April and will be held at American Legion Post 67. Motion was made to increase awards to 100/75/50 for 7 thru 12 grades. (M/S/P) Motion was also made to award the 6th grade participants 35/25/20. (M/S/P) Both motions passed after a short discussion about recent inheritance that Branch 104 received.
Public Relations: Website up to date.
Finance and Audit: Books audited by S/M LaCahpelle.
Health and Welfare: Members on the binnacle list: Doskow, Leaf, Peterson, Santos, and Clark.
Service Officer: NTR
VAVS: S/M Felthouse reported next meeting for VAVS at American Lake is 12 FEB. One of S/M Felthouse associates is assigning his volunteer hours to the FRA. Plaque has been placed on DVD Replicator that Branch 104 donated to VA. Always looking for volunteers at American Lake.
(1) Notice on VLC Reception at the State Capital.
(2) Patriotic Day at Stadium High School 23 February.
1941 Treasurers Report: Submitted, see attached.
1943 Unfinished Business:
(1) Ceremonial Flag for Stadium High School that was previously discussed. Tabled.
(2) Contact cards for FRA Branch 104 received and available for handout.
1946 New Business:
(1) Orting Bingo 30 March.
1948 Good of the Order:
(1) Need volunteers for Honor Guard at Tahoma National.
(2) Start tabulating your volunteer hours. End of year is 30 June.
(3) S/M Eller advised that his Grandson, who was an essay contest winner last year has completed his first semester at UW with straight A’s.
1952 Meeting was closed with proper ceremony and closing of the Bible.
Mt Rainier Branch 104, Secretary