Branch 104 minutes
8 JUL 2019
1900 Meeting was called to order with proper ceremony and the opening of the Bible. The following shipmates were present: Batnick, Casto, Faubion, Jones, LaChapelle, McInerney, Peters, Robbins, Shriver, Wallace.
1903 The minutes were called for, read, discussed, and approved.
1909 Committee Reports:
Youth Activities: NTR
Membership: 103 members in good standing. Deceased members list passed to S/M Jones.
Americanism/Patriotism: NTR. Awaiting announcement for next essay contest.
Public Relations: Website up to date.
Finance and Audit: Books audited by S/M LaChapelle.
Health and Welfare: Members on the binnacle list: Doskow, Leaf, Peterson, Santos. S/M Robbins updated us on status of S/M Doskow and wife Norma.
Service Officer: NTR
1911 Communications: (1) FRA NEWLETTER. (2) WA STATE FAIR letter concerning FRA booth at the Fair.
1912 Treasurers Report: Submitted, see attached.
1913 Unfinished Business:
1) Regional Convention 6-8 SEP in Everett. Johnson, Faubion Felthouse, and Wallace plan to attend.
(2) National Convention 22-28 SEP in Memphis. Johnson attending.
(3) Joint FRA/American Legion picnic will be held 15 SEP at Veterans Park in Puyallup. Legion is hosting. Spouses, significant others invited. Need to bring a side dish. Sign-up sheet passed out for those attending. We will begin eating at noon. Hamburgers/Hot Dogs and condiments furnished. Beverages furnished.
(4) WA State Fair booth for recruiting will be 15-16 SEP. We will be in the Expo Hall this year. Sign-up sheet passed out for those wanting to participate. Fair passes as well as free parking provided if you want to work the booth.
1919 New Business:
(1) S/M Wallace addressed the meeting concerning the Puyallup Food Bank. The Food Bank has and is a great supporter of Veterans in the area. The Food Bank through S/M Wallace has made numerous donations of food stuffs to support FRA Branch 104 and VFW Post 2224. Motion was made by S/M Wallace to donate $500.00 to Puyallup Food Bank. Motion passed.
(2) Budget time. Need to get new budget in place.
(3) Need to update Branch 104 by-laws.
1927 Good of the Order:
(1) Orting Bingo – need to update our clearances. Next Bingo is 31 AUG.
(2) Volunteers – It is a way down the road but we need volunteers to step up and support the 2020 Regional Convention which the Branch voted to host. S/M Jones has volunteered to take care of the Hospitality Room.
(3) 01 JUL Flag Retirement performed by Troop 598 was held in Veterans Park. S/M Batnick was in attendance representing the FRA.
(4) Volunteer hours - Need a closer look at end of year reports and what the make up is how to best apply our volunteer hours to the reports.
1939 Meeting was closed with proper ceremony and closing of the Bible.
Mt Rainier Branch 104, Secretary