Branch 104 minutes
11 JUL 2017
1901: PNP John Johnson called the meeting to order with proper ceremony and opening of the Bible. The following shipmates were present: Shipmates Batnick, Faubion, Felthouse, Johnson, Jones, Leaf, McInerney, Peters, Robbins, Thompson, Tompkins, and Wallace.
1905: The minutes of the previous meeting were submitted and approved.
1906: Committee Reports were called for:
Legislative – NTR.
Youth Activities – NTR
Membership – 117 members in good standing. One new member application, one member transfer from Branch 18.
Americanism/Patriotism - In the early phases of the essay contest, getting the word out. Quilt raffle which funds our program awards has taken in $112.00 to date.
Public Relations – Website needs updating. It is sited in the correspondence sent out for the Regional convention but if you check, no mention. Facebook page is up and running, check us out, FRA Branch 104. Website : www.fra104puyallup.com
Finance and Audit – Books to be audited after meeting.
Health and Welfare - Following individuals are on the binnacle list. Keep them in your thoughts and prayers. If you know of others, please let us know. Jorge Ramirez, John Peterson, Nahum Doskow, Roland Santos, Jim Howard and Al Webb.
S/M Rex Cook wife passed away in June. S/M Batnick and Faubion attended memorial service at VFW Post 969.
Last day for inputs for the Hospital Welfare Report.
1925: Communications –
(1) Thank you note from Dept of Veteran Affairs for donation to purchase air brush for American Lake.
(2) Branch 18 newsletter.
(3) Letter from Branch 29, S/M Talkington requesting support for Region Vice President election.
1935: Treasurer Report – See attached. NTR
1936: Unfinished Business -
- Washington State Fair. 104 is scheduled for booth setup on SEP 14, 17, & 18. Sign up sheet at August meeting. Check dates and your availability.
- NW Region Convention being sponsored by Branch 104 will be held 25-26 August at Emerald Queen Casino in Fife. S/M Johnson, Jones, and Faubion met with EQC staff. Everything is pretty well set up.
Color guard, Spanaway Lakes Navy JROTC, need to be there around 0800-0830. Fleet Reserve usually gives donation to NJROTC unit participating.
Keynote speaker will be Captain Schraeder, Bremerton. Rep. Melanie Stambaugh will do the welcome to delegates and guests.
S/M Jones has volunteered to manage the Hospitality room. It will open on Thursday. We will need 3 or 4 people designated to man the hospitality room when it is open. Drinks are purchased by tickets. Each ticket is $1.00 Drink prices will vary, alcohol and non-alcohol beverages available. Need raffle items and silent auction items.
S/M Batnick volunteered to serve as MAA during convention and also to participate in Two Bell Ceremony with S/M Barrett. Reservations are coming in slowly for the hotel and for meal orders for Saturday. 11 lunches and 11 dinners sold to date. Need to get room reservations in now for the hotel.
- Volunteer hours – need to get hours in for end of year report.
- Orting Bingo 29 July.
2000: New Business:
(1) Fleet Reserve and American Legion combined picnic will be held 16 Sep at Veterans Park in Puyallup.
(2) Viet Nam Memorial Traveling Wall will be in Dupont, WA 27-30 July.
2008: Good of the Order – NTR
2010: Meeting was adjourned with proper ceremony and the closing of the Bible.