Fleet Reservation Association
10 JUN 2019
1901 Meeting was called to order with proper ceremony and the opening of the Bible. The following shipmates were present: Barrett, Batnick, Eller, Faubion, Felthouse, Johnson, Jones, LaChapelle, McInerney, Peters, Robbins, Wallace, Wilson.
1908 The minutes were called for, read, discussed, and approved.
1909 Committee Reports:
Legislative: NTR, Blue Water Bill has passed. Submit claims.
Youth Activities: S/M Pollard and Faubion attended Spanaway Lakes HS NJROTC awards program on 16 May. S/M Faubion presented new NJROTC Cadet C.O. at Stadium HS Change of Command on 05 June. S/M Pollard took her NJROTC Color Guard to Seattle Storm game in Everett. Also represented at new rugby game, Sea Wolves, in Tukwila.
Membership: 105 members in good standing. Membership was at 112 in January.
Public Relations: Website up to date.
Finance and Audit: Books audited by S/M LaChapelle.
Health and Welfare: Members on the binnacle list: Doskow, Leaf, Peterson, Santos. S/M Robbins updated us on status of S/M Doskow and wife Norma.
Service Officer: NTR
VAVS: Report on 14 May VAVS meeting new coordinator is Kimberly Wilkey. S/M Felthouse is the primary POC for the FRA with VAVS for the Puget Sound area. Working to coordinate with other branhes in the Region.
1935 Communications: (1) Note from Chaplain on assistance given to S/M Doskow. (2) FRA Newsbytes. (3) Branch 18 newsletter.
1936 Treasurers Report: Submitted, see attached.
1940 Unfinished Business:
(1) Regional Convention 6-8 SEP in Everett. Johnson, Faubion Felthouse, and Wallace plan to attend.
(2) National Convention 22-28 SEP in Memphis. Johnson attending. Faubion??
(3) Joint FRA/American Legion picnic will be held 15 SEP at Veterans Park in Puyallup. Legion is hosting. Spouses, significant others invited. Need to bring a side dish. TIME LATER.
(4) WA State Fair booth for recruiting will be 15-16 SEP. We will be in the Expo Hall this year. Sign up sheet at next meeting.
1945 New Business:
(1) Orting Bingo is 29 June.
(2) WW II/Korea/Viet Nam dinner on 23 June at the American Legion. All invited.
(3) Regional Convention for 2020. No one has stepped up to host. Is Branch 104 up to hosting next year? Voice vote was approved to notify Regional that we would host.
1953 Good of the Order:
(1) Flag Retirement Ceremony on 01 July 1800 in Veterans Park. Being conducted by Troop 598..
(2) Volunteer hours. Get your volunteer hours in for our end of year reporting.
(3) Installation of Officers for 2019-2020 was conducted by S/M PNP Johnson.
2005 Meeting was closed with proper ceremony and closing of the Bible.
Mt Rainier Branch 104, Secretary