Fleet Reservation Association
08 APR 2019
April meeting was preceded by the annual Americanism Essay contest awards ceremony. Ceremony commenced at 1830. There were 16 awardees present in grades 6 through 12. Total attendance for ceremony was approximately 58 (Students, Family, and Shipmates)
1918 Meeting was called to order with proper ceremony and the opening of the Bible. The following shipmates were present: Barrett, Batnick, Erhman, Faubion, Felthouse,, Jones, LaChapelle, McInerney, Peters, Pollard, Robbins, Shriver.
1920 The minutes were called for, read, discussed, and approved.
1921 Committee Reports:
Youth Activities: S/M Pollard and Faubion participated in Sub Tour at Bangor with the Stadium HS NJROTC ON 13 MAR.
Membership: 110 members in good standing. 113 members in January, still one members’ death to report to national so we will be at 109. Member verification cards that you are receiving in the mail. This program is sponsored by National. Company has been contracted to verify our membership rolls.
Americanism/Patriotism: Well done to S/M Barrett for his leadership in the Essay contest this year. We are still awaiting results from National.
Public Relations: Website up to date.
Finance and Audit: Books audited by S/M LaCahpelle.
Health and Welfare: Members on the binnacle list: Doskow, Leaf, Peterson, Santos, and Clark.
Service Officer: NTR
VAVS: S/M Felthouse advised that if you have donations of items for veterans at Americal Lake; if you bring to meeting, he will see they get to American Lake. He also gave an update on Veterans Homeless issues and the numbers that currently the state is tracking.
1940 Treasurers Report: Submitted, see attached. There was a donation to FRA from a guest at tonight’s award ceremony for $100.00.
(1) Thank you note from VFW Post 2224 for donation to the Victor Kandle Memorial Fund.
(2) Previously awarded ribbons for Youth Activities and Health and Welfare, 2014-2016 received from Region.
(3) Verification of Data. Note from National advising that cards being received are in fact part of a program sponsored by FRA National.
1945 Unfinished Business:
(1) Orting Bingo held on 30 MAR. 6 S/M attended plus one volunteer from VFW Post 969. We awarded $74 to the 24 residents that showed up to play.
(2) Regional Convention 6-8 SEP in Everett.
(3) National Convention 22-28 SEP in Memphis.
1950 New Business:
(1) Joint picnic with American Legion Post 67 is 15 SEP at Veterans Park.
1952 Good of the Order:
(1) Memorial Day Remembrance, Sunday, 26 May at 1300, Pioneer Park Pavilion. Presenting wreath and Two Bell Ceremony. S/M Barrett and Ramirez doing the Two Bell.
(2) Start tabulating your volunteer hours. Would like to have majority of inputs at the May meeting.
1954 New Business continued:
(2) Nomination of officers for the upcoming year:
President: Len Barrett, Alvie Robbins, Mike Batnick, John Johnson. (Noted that John Johnson previously stated he would not accept.
Secretary: Rex Faubion
Treasurer: Russ Peters
Board of Directors: Motion made to retain current Board of Directors which include:
Jim Jones, Mike Batnick, Tom Shriver, Jorge Ramirez, and Leanne Pollard.
2000 Meeting was closed with proper ceremony and closing of the Bible.
Mt Rainier Branch 104, Secretary