Branch 104 minutes
10 September 2017
1900: PNP John Johnson called the meeting to order with proper ceremony and opening of the Bible. The following shipmates were present: Shipmates Barrett, Bettencourt, Faubion, Felthouse, Johnson, Jones, LaChapelle, McInerney, Peters, Pollard, Shriver, Wallace, Wilson, and Bill Casto
1904: The minutes of the previous meeting were submitted and approved.
1906: Committee Reports were called for:
Legislative – VLC meeting is Friday, Sep 15 at 1100. S/M Fugich will attend.
Youth Activities – If you work with a youth group through other functions, i.e. Church, It is reportable through the FRA.
Membership – 118 members in good standing. One new member, J.W. Foster. One member, Al Webb, passed on 26 Aug.
Americanism/Patriotism - S/M Barrett, Chairman, letter sent out to 15 high school JROTC units. Also reported that area home school coordinator is onboard with program.
Public Relations – Members reported that website is not up to date. Facebook, FRA Branch 104. Website : www.fra104puyallup.com
Finance and Audit – Books audited.
Health and Welfare - Following individuals are on the binnacle list. Keep them in your thoughts and prayers. If you know of others, please let us know. John Peterson, Nahum Doskow, Roland Santos, Jim Howard, Jorge Ramirez, Mike Batnick.
1920: Communications –
(1) Branch 18 newsletter.
(2) FRA Newsbytes.
(3) Flyer for next year Regional Convention in Boise.
1921: Treasurer Report – Approved. See attached. Stipend for Spanaway Lakes HS NJROTC Honor Guard for their participation in the opening ceremonies of the Regional Convention in Fife was proposed and approved in the amount of $100.00.
1928: Unfinished Business –
- Regional Convention. Feeback from attendees is good. We came out on the positive side of the account balance. Special thank you to the wives for the hard work, Jan Johnson, Carolynn Jones, Jan Barrett, and Judy Faubion. More from the convention, Branch 104 took 1st place in Hospital Welfare and Public Relations, 2nd place in Americanism Patriotism.
- Branch picnic is Saturday, 16 Sep at Veterans Park in Puyallup. Joint American Legion and FRA affair. Grill fires off at 1200, should start serving at 1300. Bring a side dish to share. Hamburgers and hot dogs and the fixings.
- Dedication of swing in Veterans Park Friday 15 Sep at 1500 to honor Bob Kastama.
- Quilt raffle is ongoing. Funds support essay contest. Drawing will be at our Nov meeting. 327 tickets sold so far. Long way to go. Support the effort.
- Americanism Patriotism Essay contest. Support the program, get the word out to friends and family. Need more information, contact S/M Barrett.
- Washington State Fair. Still have time slots open to man the booth. If you signed up, see S/M Faubion after the meeting for your tickets. These tickets get you into the fair and free parking at the bronze lot.
- Memorial Boards are in place. We now have a locker for storage here at the VFW Post.
1950: New Business:
(1) Orting Bingo 30 Sep. S/M Barrett, Jones, Peters, and Faubion
(2) Honor Flight. Returning flight on 16 Oct. Meet at SEATAC USO at 1800. Flight comes in 1930. Puget Sound Honor Flight program is now taking names from the Vietnam Era for future flights.
1958: Good of the Order:
(1) Earthquake preparedness. Experts are now advising that individuals need to prepare with sufficient supplies for a two week period.
2005: Meeting was adjourned with proper ceremony and the closing of the Bible.
Mt Rainier Branch 104, Secretary