Branch 104 minutes
10 October 2016
1900: Secretary Rex Faubion called the meeting to order with proper ceremony and opening of the Bible. The following shipmates were present: Shipmates Bettencourt, Doskow, Felthouse, Jones, LaChapelle, Leaf, McInerney, Brian Peters, Russell Peters, Peterson, Shriver, Gary Thompson, Wallace, Wilson and Wood. Shipmate President Mark Thompson attending FRA National Convention in Jacksonville, FL.
1904: New member: Don Felthouse, HMC was introduced to the Branch.
1906: The minutes of the previous meeting were disseminated, reviewed and approved.
1907: Committee Reports were called for:
Legislative – NTR.
Youth Activities – NTR.
Americanism/Patriotism: S/M LaChapelle contacted following school districts: Peninsula, University Place, Clover Park, and Steilacoom. 71 miles driven.
Membership – 124 Members in good standing.
Public Relations – Washington State Fair 117 hours for members involved. Picked up two new members from the Fair.
Finance – Books audited.
Health and Welfare – Binnacle list: Jack Green, Jim Howard, and Roland Santos. Roland is in University Place Rehabilitation Center.
Memorial service for Shipmate James Franklin, 40 yr. member, was held at Tahoma National Cemetery on 03 October with following personnel in attendance: S/M Barrett, Faubion, Johnson, Jones, Ramirez, Thompson, and Wood.
Branch 18 newsletter.
1914: Treasurers Report. Attached.
1915: Unfinished Business:
(1) Ball caps and shirts still available.
(2) Auburn Veterans Day Parade 05 NOV. Branch 104 will participate. As always we will have breakfast at Andy’s prior to forming up for the parade.
(3) Orting Bingo 29 OCT.
(4) Puyallup Veterans Day Program 06 NOV, 1300 in Pioneer Park Pavilion.
(5) Christmas Breakfast 10 DEC, 0800 at the Homestead Restaurant in Tacoma. Spouses are invited and Branch 104 funds this event.
(6) Quilt raffle. Drawing at 14 NOV meeting. Total to date $635.00
1927: New Business:
(1) Need to find a place to display the Memorial Boards. Check with the VFW. Motion made to have the Branch President check with Post Commander about displaying the Memorial Boards.
1931: Good of the Order
(1) Joint picnic with the Legion was a success and much less cost to the Branch. Would like to see the turnout a little better for next year. Motion was made and carried to work toward doing a joint picnic again next year.
(2) Stick around for Navy Birthday cake following the meeting.
1940: Meeting was adjourned with proper ceremony and the closing of the Bible.