Branch 104 minutes
10 October 2017
1905: PNP John Johnson called the meeting to order with proper ceremony and opening of the Bible. The following shipmates were present: Shipmates Barrett, Faubion, Felthouse, Johnson, Jones, LaChapelle, McInerney, Peters, Wallace, Casto, Eller, Batnick, and Robbins.
1906: The minutes of the previous meeting were submitted and approved.
1907: Committee Reports were called for:
Legislative – VLC rep is S/M Jerry Fugich. It’s itme to pay our yearly dues.
Youth Activities – NTR.
Membership – 118 members in good standing. 2 new members.
Americanism/Patriotism - S/M Barrett reported that he has received one entry.
Public Relations – FRA Branch 104. Website : www.fra104puyallup.com
Finance and Audit – Books audited.
Health and Welfare - Following individuals are on the binnacle list. Keep them in your thoughts and prayers. If you know of others, please let us know. John Peterson, Gary Thompson, Nahum Doskow, Roland Santos, Jim Howard, Jorge Ramirez, and Carl Leaf.
1921: Communications –
(1) Letter from NED concerning Flag protests at NFL games. Personal opinions not to be expressed in FRA Newsletters or websites per FRA National legal advisors.
(2) Branch 18 newsletter.
1924: Treasurer Report – See attached. Final tally on the Regional Convention is that Branch 104 made 775.00 on the convention. Still waiting for check to clear from Spanaway Lakes NJROTC for their participation at the convention.
1925: Unfinished Business –
- Quilt raffle. $347.00 has been sold to date. Raffle drawing to be held at our next meeting on 13 November.
- Essay contest. Deadline for entries is 01 December.
- Veterans Day Parade in Auburn 11 November. Breakfast funded by the Branch at Andy’s Diner prior to the parade. S/M Ramirez is Grand Marshal. S/M Barrett and Faubion will drive parade vehicles.
- Veterans Day Celebration in Pioneer Park Pavilion on Sunday 05 November, 1300.
1938: New Business:
(1) Navy Birthday 13 October 1800 at the VFW Post. Dinner for that evening is burger dip. Motion made to pick up cost of cake for the Navy Birthday. Passed. S/M Faubion will pick up the cake from Safeway.
(2) Massing of the Colors. 24 February at Stadium High School in Tacoma. Event will commence at 1400.
(3) S/M Felthouse (VAVS REP at American Lake) advised that American Lake is in need of socks, underwear and other items for veterans and homeless veterans. Also in need of school supplies. Items can be brought to our monthly meeting and he will deliver to American Lake.
1947: Good of the Order:
(1) New Shipmates: Doug Eller and Bill Casto introduced themselves to the Branch.
2002: Meeting was adjourned with proper ceremony and the closing of the Bible.
Mt Rainier Branch 104, Secretary