Branch 104 minutes
13 November 2017
1900: PNP John Johnson called the meeting to order with proper ceremony and opening of the Bible. The following shipmates were present: Shipmates Barrett, Batnick, Doskow, Eller, Faubion, Felthouse, Johnson, Jones, Leaf, McInerney, Peters, Pollard, Ramirez, Robbins, Santos, Shriver, Wallace, and Wilson.
1903: The minutes of the previous meeting were submitted and approved.
1904: Committee Reports were called for:
Legislative – VLC rep is S/M Jerry Fugich. It’s itme to pay our yearly dues.
Youth Activities – Thank You to Shipmate Pollard and her Spanaway Lakes HS NJROTC cadets for participating in the Auburn Veterans Day parade.
Membership – 120 members in good standing. 2 members past due. S/M Leaf and McInerney recognized for 25 years continuous membership. S/M McInerney recognized for recruiting active duty member. S/M Doskow recognized for 60 years continuous membership.
Americanism/Patriotism - S/M Barrett reported that he has received two entries. Essay contest ends on 01 DEC and expect to judge entries by 15 DEC.
Public Relations – S/M Ramirez reports that the website is up to date. FRA Branch 104. Website : www.fra104puyallup.com
Finance and Audit – Books audited by S/M Jones.
Health and Welfare - Following individuals are on the binnacle list. Keep them in your thoughts and prayers. If you know of others, please let us know. John Peterson, Gary Thompson, Carl Leaf, Nahum Doskow, Roland Santos, Jim Howard, and Jorge Ramirez.
1928: Communications –
(1) Branch 18 newsletter.
(2) FRA Membership newsletter.
1930: Treasurer Report – See attached.
1935: Unfinished Business –
- Quilt raffle drawing held this evening. Winner was Jennifer Parks. Final total on raffle sales is $633.00.
- VAVS Representative to American Lake is S/M Don Felthouse. Still in need of socks, underwear and other items for homeless Veterans. Also in need of school supplies. Two man tents needed.
- Christmas Breakfast at the Homestead Restaurant in Tacoma on 09 DEC, 0800. Roll taken and approximately 33 members and spouses will be in attendance.
1942: New Business:
(1) Memorial service for SSG Bryan Black. Community wide memorial being sponsored by the City of Puyallup and VFW Post 2224. Sunday, NOV 19th. Pioneer Park Pavilion at 1500.
(2) Milo’s Thanksgiving here at the VFW. Free meal. Looking for specific food donations and volunteers to support the effort. Check the bulletin board in the Post. 1300-1500.
(3) Branch Flags need to update. Still showing our Branch located in Tacoma. Motion made to explore costs of upgrading flags.
(4) S/M Pollard, Spanaway Lake High School NJROTC instructor, requested donation to support fundraiser to purchase foul weather gear for cadets. Goal is $10,000.00. S/M Barrett motioned to support fundraiser at $500.00. Seconded and Passed.
2000: Good of the Order:
(1) Our Shipmates on the “Binnacle List.” Lets not leave it up to the Chaplain to do it alone. Reach out to our Shipmates.
2008: Meeting was adjourned with proper ceremony and the closing of the Bible.
Mt Rainier Branch 104, Secretary