Branch 104 minutes
9 May 2017
1900: PNP John Johnson called the meeting to order with proper ceremony and opening of the Bible. The following shipmates were present: Shipmates RPNW Peg Burke, Barrett, Batnick, Doskow, Faubion, Johnson, Jones, LaChapelle, McInerney, Russ Peters, Pollard, Thompson, Tompkins, Wallace, and Wood.
1905: The minutes of the previous meeting were submitted and approved.
1906: Committee Reports were called for:
Legislative – Activity in State Legislature dealing with military and veterans passed by S?M Fugich via email.
Youth Activities – NJROTC awards ceremony at Spanaway Lakes High School, 19 May 1800-2000; Stadium High School, 03 June 1200-1400. S/M Johnson, Pollard, and Faubion to attend Spanaway Lakes; S/M LaChapelle to attend and make presentation at Stadium.
Membership – 118 members in good standing. S/M Thompson (5) and Johnson (35) were presented continuous service pins by RPNW Burke.
Americanism/Patriotism - Notice for 2017-2018 essay contest has been announced. Information forwarded to members via email. Get the word out, this program is a great opportunity for our youth. S/M Barrett is the Branch Chairman for this year.
Public Relations – http://www.fra104puyallup.com or on Branch 104 Facebook page.
Finance – $1,000.00 transferred from savings to checking.
Health and Welfare – Binnacle list: Jorge Ramirez, Nahum Doskow, John Peterson, Jim Howard, and Roland Santos. Please keep all these Shipmates in your thoughts and prayers.
1930: Communication –
(1) Branch 18 newsletter.
(2) Changes to CB&L. Main thing affecting us is the change to dues which increased this last January.
(3) Note from S/M Felthouse concerning needs requested from Veterans Advisory Council at American Lake. There is a need for items for homeless veterans.
1935: Treasurers Report - attached.
1936: Unfinished Business -
- Memorial Day – wreath ordered from Buds and Blooms. Uniform Blue and grays.
- Washington State Fair. 104 is scheduled for booth setup on SEP 14, 17, & 18.
- Opportunity to set up booth at farmers market on 20 May.
- Pappy Boyington Park, Lincoln HS. Memorial dedication on 19 May.
- Election. One nominee for BOD has declined due to pending move. S/M Pollard was voted on to fill this vacancy. Final vote on roster of new officers completed. Pres- John Johnson, Secretary – Rex Faubion, Treasurer – Russ Peters, BOD (5) Len Barrett, Jim Jones, Tom Shriver, Jorge Ramirez, Leanne Pollard.
- Installation of Officers by RPNW Peg Burke.
- NW Region Convention being sponsored by Branch 104 will be held 25-26 August at Emerald Queen Casino in Fife. Still looking for keynote speaker. Need commitment from individual for MAA duties during convention. Hospitality room will open on Thursday. Need raffle items and silent auction items. S/M Batnick volunteered to serve as MAA during convention. S/M Peters reported that reservations are coming in slowly.
- Orting Bingo. Payout this last month was $79.00. Requirement in place for volunteers to fill out paperwork for background investigation.
2013: New Business -NTR
2014: Good of the Order -
- Remarks by RPNW Peg Burke.
- S/M LaChapelle reported that Washington State History Museum is sponsoring “Gridiron Glory” exhibit starting Memorial Day and running into September.
- S/M Batnick – Legion is once again sponsoring Special Olympics and is collecting hat pins to pass out to participants.
2022: Meeting was adjourned with proper ceremony and the closing of the Bible.