Branch 104 minutes
13 March 2017
1904: PNP John Johnson called the meeting to order with proper ceremony and opening of the Bible. The following shipmates were present: Shipmates Barrett, Batnik, Doskow, Faubion, Felthouse, Johnson, Jones, LaChapelle, Leaf, McInerney, Russ Peters, Wallace.
1907: The minutes of the previous meeting were submitted and approved.
1908: Committee Reports were called for:
Legislative – VLC discussed. It was voted to maintain our membership. Check cut and will be mailed.
Youth Activities – We need to order 6 more medals. Treasurer will order.
Membership – 121 Members in good standing. Passed out new wallet applications reflecting dues increase. Membership dues increased 01 January. 1 year membership is now $40, 2 years $75 (new members $64), 5 years $180. Lifetime membership prices are looking good. Sent two 40 year awards to our distant members and included Branch ballcaps.
Americanism/Patriotism - Award ceremony will be held at the American Legion Post for our April meeting on April 10. Meeting time set for 6:30 p.m. Winners have been notified by mail. S/M Johnson volunteered to get the cake, S/M Barrett will get the sodas. Two of our entrants placed at Regional.
Public Relations – Facebook page, most posts are getting 11-15 likes. Check us out on our website. http://www.fra104puyallup.com or on Branch 104 Facebook page.
Finance – Books audited.
Health and Welfare – Binnacle list: Jorge Ramirez, Nahum Doskow, John Peterson, Jack Green, Jim Howard, and Roland Santos. Please keep all these Shipmates in your thoughts and prayers.
1930: Communication –
(1) Thank you card from Tom Bulger along with a $25.00 donation to the Branch.
(2) Appointment letter for S/M Felthouse to the Veterans Affairs Voluntary Service Committee (VAVS) at American Lake from National Executive Director.
1943: Treasurers Report - see attached.
1934: Unfinished Business -
(1) Orting Bingo. April 29.
(2) Pappy Boyington Park, Lincoln HS. Memorial looking for dedication around Memorial Day.
(3) NW Region Convention being sponsored by Branch 104 will be held 25-26 August at Emerald Queen Casino in Fife. Check your calendars, we’re going to need help.
(4) Space for Memorial plaques at VFW Post. S/M Faubion will check.
1940: New Business -
(1) M/S/Passed to have PNP John Johnson fill vacancy of Branch Pres. Until upcoming elections.
1955: Good of the Order -
(1) S/M Mike Batnik introduced himself and spoke of his time in the Navy.
(2) Elections in May. First nominations at our April meeting. Good time to start thinking about volunteering to run for office in the branch. RPNW Peg Burke is scheduled to be in attendance at our meeting in May.
1958: Meeting was adjourned with proper ceremony and the closing of the Bible.