Branch 104 minutes
11 JUL 2016
1900: President Mark Thompson called the meeting to order with proper ceremony and opening of the Bible. The following shipmates were present: Shipmates Barrett, Bettencourt, Faubion, Johnson, Jones, LaChapelle, Leaf, McInerney, Brian Peters, Russell Peters, Robbins, Shriver, Wallace, Wilson, and Wood.
1905: The minutes of the previous meeting were disseminated, reviewed and approved.
1906: Committee Reports were called for:
Legislative – NTR.
Youth Activities – NTR.
Membership – 124 Members in good standing.
Americanism/Patriotism: Quilt raffle is ongoing. Get your tickets and get them sold. If you need tickets see S/M Faubion.
Public Relations – Facebook and website looking good. Getting a lot of hits on the Facebook page. Website is getting updated regularly.
Finance – Books audited.
Health and Welfare – Binnacle list: Nahum Doskow, Jack Green, John Peterson, Roland Santos, and Jim Howard.
(1) Thank you note from Cdr Madigo for gift and support Branch 104 support of NJROTC program at Stadium HS.
(2) Branch 18 newsletter.
(3) Membership newsletter from National.
(4) Notice received on Massing of the Colors, 25 Feb 2017, Stadium HS Gymnasium.
1920: Treasurers Report approved. $1118.75 in checking; 22541.11 in savings; 24054.07 in CD. Raffle so far has taken in $276.00.
1925: Unfinished Business:
(1) Quilt raffle ongoing.
(2) Washington State Fair. Information booth to be set up in education building. Scheduled for Sep 18-19. Possibility of Sep 7-8. We will need to man booth from 0900 – 2200 daily.
(3) Ball caps and shirts still available.
(4) 2016 Regional Convention in Cheyene, Wyoming is August 12-13.
(5) Track your volunteer hours.
(6) Regional Convention for 2017 at the Emerald Queen Casino in Fife. Need to change our dates because of the shift of the National Convention dates. MSP to have the 2017 NW Regional Convention 25-26 Aug.
(7) Discussion on Branch picnic. Concensus was to schedule the picnic for 20 Aug. Hopefully more to follow.
1945: New Business:
(1) Discussion on “Dear American Hero” cards to acknowledge Veterans. Proposal was made by S/M Jones to obtain cards that Branch members could use to acknowledge Veterans. MSP to order 500 cards for a donation of $25,00. S/M Russell Peters has for action.
(2) Proposal was made to buy S/M Thompson’s new cover for his Regional Presidency. MSP to fund with stipulation that S/M Thompson purchase one of the Branch Star embroidered shirts.
(3) Branch by-laws were discussed. We need to go to final copy on our by-laws. S/M Johnson to print up smooth copies and make available.
2005: Good of the Order
(1) S/M Wallace delivered 10 cases of candy, from the Puyallup Foodbank, to the Orting Soldiers Home.
(2) Orting Bingo, 30 Jul. S/M Johnson to take care of cake and ice cream.
(3) S/M Bob Orcutt and wife, Eileen, made the trip up to the meeting from Lacey. Bob is a 40+ year member of the FRA. Good to see him in attendance.
2010: Meeting was adjourned with proper ceremony and the closing of the Bible.
Mark Thompson Rex Faubion